8.10.2009

The Upgrade

So after a lot of good memories and fun trips, it was time to say farewell to our dear minivan. I never thought I would be excited to own a 12 passenger van, but the day could not have come a moment sooner. We now have personal insight as to why inner cities are so violent. In general there should never be a crowding of space. In fact, there should be a safety law against children being allowed to sit within arm's reach of each other while driving at high speeds. After a two and a half day trip across the country and several weeks of loading six kids on top of each other, the reality of the situation could not be denied. We have outgrown the minivan.

While some might be tempted to pity me for having to drive such a vehicle, don't! I absolutely love it. We actually feel really blessed to have come across this van. It was owned by a family that also had 6 kids, but they had downsized back to a minivan. The best part is that given a choice, this is the exact color I would have chosen. Plus, with the possibility of so many people coming to visit, now we can actually take you places. So, c'mon! (you better believe that I rule the road in this machine. Nobody gets in the way!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Goodfellow Family said...

Oh I love it.....reminds me of our dope van back in the day.....so fun that Autumn came out....she is great....well love to check in on you. We need to catch up and chat....so wish you were coming to the reunion...I keep thinking that you are trying to fool us and you are really coming, are you?

ashley said...

clyde and i have decided that our next family vehicle will be a 12 passenger van. with our 5 children getting older, and thus bigger, the 12 passenger is the way to go. congratulations!

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...

sorry...i hit enter twice and posted the same comment...twice. sorry about that!