3.11.2008

Tribute to Friendship


Autumn and I became "best friends" in the 5th grade. We honestly grew up together. We spent every possible night at each other's homes, and shared everything like sisters. There were times when we would return trash bags full of borrowed clothes. We only lived a few blocks from each other and spent our days and nights roaming the neighborhood and the desert. Growing up in a very small, isolated town meant very creative entertainment. When it would rain we would get on old denim shorts and head out to the edge of the mesa and make waterslides down the cliffs. It was not a pain free experience, but worth the trade off. We both ran cross country, track, and played tennis. High School, in a lot of ways, was bliss for us. I was allowed to take our family boat out on Lake Powell at 17 after passing "the test" with my dad. We would go out as often as possible to ski and swim. We were fortunate to have a great group of girl friends, and we all still stay in touch. Of all the things I am grateful for in my life are the many wonderful friends I have been blessed with, both then and now.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Who knew you two could come up with so many kids??? I love it, you two should frame that one!!

Loves,
Andrea