It was a sad farewell to Dad as we headed off on our vacation. Mary was not happy that I scheduled a trip that her dad could not go on. I didn't realize that Jacob did not remember his previous experiences on airplanes. So he was very excited and exclaimed,"Mom, this is my first time on an airplane!"
Since our flight left at 8:30pm it was not a full flight, thankfully. After drinks and a snack all the kids passed out. I knew it would be a late night, but well worth the peace of sleeping children on a 3 1/2 hour flight. I was very grateful that it turned out as planned. It potentially could have turned into a nightmare with Brooke. She is not much for sitting still, and with no carseat it would have been a challenge!

4 comments:
I am so glad they slept for you and that you had an empty plane - you needed that flying by yourself! Enjoy your trip, we are jealous!!
Not fair. They wanted to charge $3 for a cookie or peanuts on my flight. You would think for a $400 flight I would get some free peanuts.
That is great that they slept on the flight! Looks like you guys are having a great time. Enjoy the weather!!!!
Wow---I am so so happy for you. Way to go with the planning. It looks like you timed everything perfect! I have anxiety just thinking about it, :) so I'm glad it went so smoothly.
Post a Comment