10.20.2007

Back to the days of Summer softball


Our church set up a softball tournament, and today was the first game. Needless to say, it has been a while since I have thrown or hit a ball. Maybe even since high school. I think we women held our own. It took us a couple of innings for our team to get the hang of things, but we came out on top (6-5)! It was an unusually warm day for October and very nice to have a reason to be outside. The kids also had a great time being with their friends. Anna and Mary spent a lot of time chasing the boys around. Hopefully that is not a predictor of future events! It was such a nice time that it was hard to go home, but of course I did. The house does not look any better for it though...

2 comments:

Babbel Family said...

I am so soar! Tomorrow is going to be real bad I can already tell. I had an absolute blast. It had been at least 9 years since I played but I think we did hold our own!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

We saw a double play the other night watching a baseball game and Phillip said "hey, that's what Tammy did during our game." I'm way impressed!