Well, Mary lost her second tooth this week. She noticed it was loose late Wednesday night, and worked on it relentlessly. Her determination obviously overcame the pain, and she managed to pull it out herself after I told her it was not ready. She promptly put it under her pillow, and the day went on. I went to a meeting, and never heard another thing about it until very early the next morning. There was near devastation in her voice as Mary announced that the toothfairy had failed to come. Obviously the toothfairy has no idea how early we get up around here.(I am guessing we will be first on her list next time.) She was forced to leave the money on the kitchen counter in order to avoid discovery. She left a note letting us know that she would be back tonight for the tooth. The day was saved, and Mary was thrilled with the increase to her piggy bank. All is well that ends well!

No comments:
Post a Comment