Tonight we had our church party and "trunk or treat" activity. The kids had a blast and looked adorable in their costumes. We made good use of last year's outfits and I avoided the stress of creating or finding new costumes. The girls were happy with that, and well, Jacob doesn't even like to wear a costume. The kids love to get together with their friends, and any opportunity to run around the church gym thrills them.

Mary was a good little witch, who loved chasing the boys around. When I asked her to stop she replied, "But mom, it is kind of fun."

Brooke was an adorable little hula girl. She is just tall enough to grab things off the table, and she grabbed as many desserts and drinks as she could. I finally had to strap her into her stroller to keep her out of trouble.

Anna still adores dogs, so she was glad to be a poodle puppy again. She had a great time making the pumpkin head for our trunk display. I had to convince her that the fake skull Moss had aqcuired from work was not really appropriate for a church activity. It really was frightening to see that skull just sitting there.

Jacob refused to wear his costume again. I don't think he likes doing things that might bring him direct attention. He loved making the rootbeer. I couldn't help but think of my brothers as Jake described with intense fascination how the dry ice bubbled in the rootbeer. He couldn't ask me enough questions about it.

Although our costumes did not fit the Halloween theme, Moss and I had a fun time dressing up. Besides I am always wishing it would stay warm. And maybe someday I will make it to Hawaii!

This was Moss' work of art for the Trunk or Treat activity. We have had this guy sitting in our yard with no head on it for about a week. Tonight he finally got his Pumpkin head, and Moss rigged the arm so he could make the man wave at the kids by secretly moving his foot back and forth. The kids kept coming back to wave again. It was quite impressive.
4 comments:
As usual, your girls looked so adorable!
Samantha was very relieved to see your scare-crow wasn't "broken" anymore. When we got to your trunk she said, "look he found his head"
cute, cute! i think we need to get more of the family to start blogs - it is a great way to try and keep up with everyone. our party was saturday night as well - elizabeth really had a pretty good time, so it was a success! keep the pictures coming! tell the kids we said hi!
You guys definitely win the prize for best decorated vehicle. We always fall short in that category. We were way impressed. So fun!
Hey Tam-tam! Your kids are so adorable! I am so glad you joined the blogging world. It's so fun to see what you are up to! How do you still look exactly the same 4 kids later?
Post a Comment