We made a deal with the kids that if they would learn the state capitals by March 1st we would take them out to Bonkers. They were very diligent and we worked on them every night at dinner. The day finally came and they all passed the final exam. We were very proud of them for sticking to it, and they were very proud of themselves. I can't say that I really enjoy the whole Bonkers experience, although the slides are really fast! Brooke is terrified to walk across the holes in the woven floors. So I crawled all around with her. Once again, it is so nice to have my body to myself again!
The real nightmare of going to bonkers is the prize stand. The kids must spend half their time deciding which little toy they want to buy with their tickets. I have decided those arcade games are pretty much the same as gambling. It is all about the chance of winning a lot of tickets.
And as always, this little chinese finger cuff broke the first time she pulled on it. Classic!
3.12.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow, I'm impressed Brooke has her state capitols memorized, I better get crackin' with Jenna!
Post a Comment