12.25.2008

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas eve night making the manger and Bethlehem scene out of Graham Crackers and candy. The kids each decorated their own cottage, as well as had a few snacks. It was not the most artistic of scenes, but we really enjoyed doing it all together.
Brook is very much into posing for the camera these days. She'll drop anything she's doing if you have the camera ready.

Is there anything better than happy and loving children?

We finished off the night singing a few Christmas Carols and reading the Scriptural account of the Saviors birth. There is something very sad about the Christmas season coming to a close. But what a blessing to have a knowledge of the birth and life of the Savior.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kelie said...

I love the idea of a gingerbread nativity. We always make gingerbread houses, but doing the nativity would be a great way to bring the Savior into Christmas more. I feel like it doesn't matter how many times I remind Jenna of that fact, all she cares about are the presents. I'm totally doing this next year.