6.24.2008

Jacob's disaster

Today after being rained out of our park date, I decided to take the kids on a longer bike ride. This was my first time doing it alone and I was feeling quite accomplished. I thought it would be fun to bike to a near by park and then take the trail home. All was going well until we hit the first major down hill. Jacob is really good at riding his bike, but is still learning a few things about breaks. I could hear him calling out "This is so fun!" as we cruised downhill. I of course call back to not go too fast. Just as I look back I see his tire jack-knife and his face hit the concrete. It was the saddest thing to see. The way he hit I knew his helmet had not been helpful. I was glad that none of his teeth were missing, just a chip. But he has scratches on his knee, his elbow, his knuckles, his face and forehead. The worst part is that he had to recover and keep riding home. He was such a champ. With a little encouragment of ice cream he rode all the way home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brooke Eriksen said...

And he posed for the picture. That is one tough cookie!