4.19.2008

A child's prayer

Mary is a very intense person, as many of you know, and her prayers have given us a lot of insight into the stresses she feels. I would have never guessed that so much could concern a little girl. The other night her prayer went something like this,

"Please bless us to never be separated as a family."
"Please bless us to all be together in eternal life"
"Please bless us to have enough food if there is a famine"

I wish I could remember everything she included, but Moss and I realize we have to be a little more careful about the things we discuss with her. In my excitement about getting food storage underway I showed her the things I had in the storage room. Later she asked, "What if our neighbors don't have food storage? Would we share with them?" When I told her we would, she asked, "but what if we don't have enough after that?"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The cute girl! That is sad she is so freaked out! What a sweet prayer though. You may have to help me with food storage if you are just starting - we really need to get a better start than what we have - so we will have to chat!