"I have a pet!" was Anna's joyful song after we brought home our two new hamsters Silky and Pip. I have been feeling so guilty for depriving her of her passion for animals, especially since we gave away her beloved Copper last year. She still sheds tears for her long lost Copper, but soft and cuddly Silky seems to be filling the hole for now.
Mary is equally thrilled with the new additions. She picked out the runt of the litter, hence the name Pip Squeak. They really have turned out to be the best pets for us- a little food, a little poop, and a little cage (not to mention the 2 year life span). Best of all, they want to be left alone and they don't want anything from me. (Well except to be recued on occasion.) So far they have proven to be friendly and docile. So if your kids are pressuring you for a dog, you might consider a teddy bear hamster!

5 comments:
My brother had a hamster when we were younger and his room always stunk so bad! So my advice would be...clean that cage often!
Imagine if they get loose!
You are a good mom - I think I would take a dog over a rodent :) So cute though that your kids love them so much! Very cute pictures and your kitchen looks great!
Cute. I hope they survive. I'll have to tell you our hamster stories like the time I threw one away accidentally. And the other who kept losing its hair. And the one that was eaten by the cat and the cat got really sick. Oh, wait, now I just told you them. SO, good luck! Sure you don't just want Trissy?
Good to know, Taylor has been carring around a lizard he found in the yard for days. It finally died today, making me wonder what a good pet would be. Especailly after he cried that I never let him have pets.
Post a Comment