7.15.2009

Our Baby is 9

MARY
Tender-hearted, kind, sensitive, loving, determined, motivated, hard working, beautiful, clever, creative, helpful, bright, believing, trusting, curious, and capable.
Mary has changed and grown a lot this year. She has gone from being a little kid to a little lady. She is so fun to have around. We are really enjoying her and appreciate all that she does in our family. She is so willing to pitch in and help her parents and siblings. She does a fabulous job as the biggest sister. We love our Mary.
Mary turned 9 just a few days after arriving at our new home. She decided that she was ready to get her ears pierced. I tried to convince her that it would be cool to be the only girl who never pierced her ears. She replied in a very "c'mon mom" voice, "Mom, I don't think that would be cool at all."
Of course I have my ears pierced, so after consent from her father, we got her a gift card to get her ears pierced. She has such issues with pain and shots, I thought she would hold out longer before she would be willing to go through with it.

Happy Birthday to you....

Just look at those lovely ears. Fortunately they did both at once, and she survived the experience quite well. Anna decided that if it didn't hurt Mary too badly, she wanted her ears pierced too. So many benefits to not being the first born! Needless to say, Anna can't wait for her birthday.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh come on mom! How many little or big girls do you know of that don't want them pierced?? (At least that was the argument I used with Zach!)