8.18.2008

Fun on the Water

The kids had a great time trying all sorts of new things. Anna wasn't quite as sure as Mary, but I was impressed that she was willing to do something so risky. I am sure that she would be quite a different person if Mary were not her older sister paving the way.
Mary was up for trying it all. This is her first time skiing and she got up on her second go at it. We couldn't get her to try anything outside of the wake, but I was impressed.

Moss had a great time on the wake board. I am not really sure if this was his first or second time, but you always pay the next day for fun on the board. Somehow you just never use those muscles for anything else. But as you can see he had a good time and really caught on quick. (It's not as easy as it looks.)While there are many things I love about the lake, I love the clear deep water. I love jumping out of the boat and just swimming around away from the beach and sand.
Grandma Charlotte was a great sport and I think she might have even enjoyed herself despite the heat and sand. The Sea Doos are so fun for everyone. The kids loved getting to drive and jumping the waves, although we avoided that for Charlotte's sake. It can make you a little nauseous when you are not the one driving. Jake just couldn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to go wild and fast.
Here is Aunt Steph with Anna and Abbi. Just one of the kids, and always ready for some fun! Needless to say the kids are not far away when Steph tries to do anything.


One thing Lake Powell is known for is its great cliffs for jumping. I guess they have made it illegal to jump off the really high cliffs, but we still made the most of it. Mary was very willing to jump, and made us a little nervous at how uninhibited she was.
All I can say is Home Sweet Home when I see pictures of the Lake. There is just something about the place you grow up. Maybe it's because I haven't really been back much since going to college, but it is heavenly to me.

6 comments:

kelie said...

I am so jealous of your Lake Powell trip I think I might cry. If Heaven isn't a warm Lake Powell morning with glassy water and no boats in sight, then I'm going to be seriously disappointed!

Jessica said...

I am with you Kel! You are making me SO anxious for our Lake Powell trip in two weeks!! Looks like you had a great time! :) JessB

homewardbound said...

Awesome Pic! I want to go back and visit myself.

Goodfellow Family said...

Ah these pics made me homesick.....I tell you memories flood back to me of all of us at the lake....the good ol' days....anyhoo, loved the pics.....you look way too small to be prego with twins, can you start getting fat now? Loves!

Green Montana said...

Ahhh, home sweet home. I love the pictures and I miss the lake so much. Glad you were able to go with your family.

Lise said...

Sounds like you guys had such a great time at the lake. It must have been great to have so much time to just chill out together. I cannot believe those kids cliff jumping. I had a hard time getting the guts up when I was in high school. Tell Mary congrats for us. I was so glad we were able to see you on the way back home.