As usual, kids can say the most amazing and surprising things. Yesterday we had a few of those moments. Anna was terrified at the idea of giving the scripture in primary. So, I attempted to persuade her on the way to church by explaining that we all need to pitch in and do our part and that everyone there is her friend. She was by no means persuaded, and Jacob must have sensed that I was losing so he stepped in to help. "Anna, I know a story about a boy who ran away from Heavenly Father, and he got swallowed by a big whale!. Do you want to get swallowed by a big whale?" It took me a minute to catch on, and I enjoyed a good (inside) laugh the rest of the way to church. Unfortunately Anna was not convinced, and Mary kindly stepped in and helped her out in Primary.
1.15.2008
Jacob's Motivational Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If I would have remembered this:) I would have suggested it to Jacob when it was his turn to pray today!!):haha. I'm glad Mary is willing to step up anytime! (She reminds me of someone...hmmm...)
Post a Comment