Just when I thought I was past the age of real birthday parties...I was convinced otherwise. I was told to dress in pajama's, and to be ready at 8pm. I was a little nervous that I might be the only one in p.j.'s. Yes, it was very reminicent of my days in young womens. My friend Angela showed up with a blindfold, and took me away. When we arrived at the party, there was a big shout of "surprise". Fortunately, we also celebrated the birthday of another friend, Shelley, and I was glad to share the spotlight! Lisa had planned ahead and had asked Moss all sorts of questions about me and our dating days, etc... and then we ate and played games. Lisa is a champion leg wrestler, and so we ended the night with some indian leg wrestling. It was nice to get a little taste of our youth again. It was hillarious, and Lisa held her own! (I did manage to beat her the second time.)We had a lot of good laughs and learned some new and interesting things about each other... I think Moss was joking when he said "have her back by midnight" when I was leaving, but I barely made it. There is no doubt that women need each other. I am so grateful for all the many wonderful friends I have been blessed with wherever I have lived.
11.02.2007
32 years and still partying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I CAN NOT believe I missed the leg wrestling - I hear it was so funny! I left far to early! Happy Happy B-day!
scott and i were just talking about nov. birthdays, but i did not think yours was until today, or the 4th?!?! so, sorry we missed it. we really need to find that birthday calendar! here's wishing you one happy year. luvs!
You are full of surprises! A happy belated birthday wish from all of us in Holland - also from Timothy Stekkinger. He came by Saturday and it was great looking back and thinking about Greece.
Keep up the leg wrestling!
That is awesome! Can you believe you were scared to go there! Looks like you have made wounderful friends:) Happy belated!
Post a Comment